top of page

Acerca de

Home Stability
Prevention and Stabilization

Home Stability

This program stabilizes individuals and families through Representative Payee and Emergency Assistance.

All assistance is by appointment only. Please call the number above to inquire about appointments and funding availability.

Contact us!

Representative Payee:

This program assists with managing Social Security benefits (SSA, RSDI, and SSI), as well as employment wages for individuals in the community.

Our staff can help manage budgets, pay bills, provide funds for personal needs and assist with government benefit applications and recertifications.

Representative Payee Program aims to maintain and/or improve the quality of life for those we serve. 

HUD counseling .png

Emergency Assistance

This program offers assistance to help families and individuals afford and maintain access to their home energy. Our goal is to support, stabilize, and ensure sustainability of each family or individual we assist.

Energy Outreach Colorado (EOC)

Eligibility Requirements:

  • Gross monthly household income (i.e. all work and non-work income before taxes or deductions) at or below 80% of area median income (AMI)

  • The qualifying energy sources are electricity, natural gas, coal, firewood, kerosene, propane, oil, and pellets

  • Bill being paid is for energy consumed at the participant's home address

  • Applicant is directly responsible for paying energy bill. If the applicant is not the account holder, they must be an authorized user on the account or show proof that they reside in the residence

  • Benefit available once every 12 months, through Catholic Charities, up to 3 times in a lifetime

CARES (water) Eligibility Requirements:

  • Must have services through Pueblo Water

  • Applicant must be the account holder or a authorized user

  • Must have a YELLOW disconnect Notice

Rent/Mortgage Assistance:

Occasional funding, please call the main office to check funding availability

Upon Assistance approval,

a one-time finance class is required in order to complete the application process.

Apply for Emergency Assistance:

To apply for Emergency Assistance, please follow the steps below:

1.  Call our office at 719-544-4233 to determine your eligibility for assistance.

2.  Review and gather all of the following required documents for the type of assistance you are requesting:


ALL Assistance Applicants

  • Completed Emergency Assistance Application

  • Copy of Applicant's ID

  • Household Income Documents

Rent Assistance

  • Landlord Verification Form (pages 12-13 of Emergency Assistance Application)

  • Eviction Notice or Rental/Lease Agreement in Applicant's name.

  • W-9

Mortgage Assistance

  • Mortgage Statement and Payment Coupon in Applicant's name.

Utility Assistance

  • Current Utility Statement in Applicant's name.

bottom of page